As Official tournament partner and Gaming Monitor Sponsor, BenQ to Supply High-Performance XL2420T Gaming Monitors for North America’s Top Players
IRVINE, Calif. — June 28, 2012 — BenQ today announced that it will serve as the official gaming monitor sponsor for the E-Sports Entertainment (ESEA) League Season 11 (S11) LAN Playoffs, June 29 to July 1 in Dallas, where North America’s top Counter-Strike (CS), Counter-Strike: Source (CS:S), and Team Fortress 2 (TF2) players will compete for an $85,000 purse. All matches throughout the ESEA S11 LAN Playoffs will be played on the cutting-edge BenQ XL2420T gaming monitors. Developed in collaboration with pro gaming legends, the XL2420T is packed with unique features designed to help gamers not just to play the game, but to conquer it — including Black eQualizer, Display Mode, Smart Scaling, and specialized first-person shooter (FPS) and real-time strategy (RTS) modes.
“From our XL2420T monitors to our sponsorships of pro gamers and major events, BenQ has consistently demonstrated its dedication to gaming,” said Lars Yoder, President at BenQ America Corp. “The ESEA Season 11 LAN Playoffs follow BenQ’s ‘Why Just Play When You Can ConQuer’ tour, having just wrapped up the GIGABYTE™ eSports LAN invitational and the 2012 Major League Gaming Pro Circuit Spring Championship. Throughout these pinnacle events, our gaming monitors have ensured that players perform at their highest level. It has been our pleasure to sponsor these events for several seasons now, and we are looking forward to watching the pros battle it out in another weekend of epic matches.”
The XL Series monitors demonstrate BenQ’s dedication to delivering pro gaming monitors equipped with innovative features that help gamers take their performance to the next level. Offering a 120-Hz refresh rate, 2-ms GtG response time, and 12M:1 dynamic contrast ratio, the XL2420T provides the fundamentals essential to mastering FPS gaming, as well as exclusive features meticulously constructed to provide FPS gamers with the ultimate sense of ease and control.
Features that set the BenQ XL Series apart from other monitors include:
- Black eQualizer color engine technology that allows gamers to brighten the image display without over-exposing white levels, revealing critical combat details with improved visibility in darkened areas.
- Stylish S Switch controller that allows users to swiftly switch between up to three customized display settings for one-touch access for gaming or entertainment.
- Display Mode that allows gamers to interchange between monitor screen sizes, while the Smart Scaling feature gives them the freedom to manually scale the screen to any custom size from 17- to 24-inches.
- Specialized FPS and RTS Preset Modes that enable optimal brightness, contrast, sharpness, and color tint to provide gamers with the vantage point to spot and track their opponents’ every move, even in indistinct situations.
- Game Mode Loader, an online platform that stores exclusive gaming presets used by pro gaming legends, made available to users who can leverage them to their advantage. They can also take the extra step of saving the presets onto the S Switch for quick access.
- Certified NVIDIA 3D Vision® 2-Ready provides gamers with full-HD 3D gaming and entertainment experiences like never before. Additionally, NVIDIA 3D LightBoost™ technology brightens the screen up to twice the original brightness for more vivid viewing.
To support competitive gaming, BenQ will be offering the XL2420T to ESEA fans for a discounted price, both on monitors used in the tournament and new models.
Additional information on the ESEA Season 11 LAN Playoffs is available at eseanews.com. Information on the full line of BenQ gaming monitors is available at gaming.benq.com.
Follow ESEA updates on http://www.facebook.com/ESEA.net